10/20/Life Second Edition
(Soft Back physical copy, second edition)
Learn how to TRAIN YOURSELF LIKE A PROFESSIONAL COACH – for the rest of your life!
20 YEARS OF RESEARCH AND TRIALS distilled into a philosophy you can use!
Get INSIGHT INTO THE MENTAL GAME of training and nutrition from the guy who’s been there and done it.
Here's what people are saying about 10/20/Life Second Edition:
"Mr. Carroll updated all the information in this book. As a result, there is a lot more of what you would expect (if you read the first edition), and this is pure gold for any dedicated lifter as it will teach you lessons that you can only learn with experience and time under the bar."
"This is not a book on fitness, one to lose weight or just to get stronger; this is a book that will teach the correct way to lift and to continue doing so for years to come while staying injury-free."
"The 2nd edition is a physical copy that not only answers the questions the 1st edition left you with but compounded on the ideas giving you more tools for your training toolbox. You do get to be your coach and learn to assess your weaknesses, prescribe movements to address your weak points, and grow as a lifter."
"YOU GET WHAT YOU PUT INTO IT. With the way the programming is structured, you have plenty of time to continue to evolve as a lifter."
"I've tried and been injured on many other programs where it was just cookie-cutter "this is the work you're going to do," and this is DESIGNED for you to be your architect to your success."
"While 1020 life is designed as a system for a lifetime of PRs, I ran it for my first successful full power competition after a couple of push-pulls, and I added 170lbs to my best total and If you're thinking about this book, just buy it already."
"You're an athlete. Start acting like it if I could give you one reason to pick up this book. That would be it. Along with that, perhaps my personal experience will have parts familiar to you and encourage you to read 10/20/Life."
"10/20/Life gives you the keys and a proven method (not to be confused with the program) to help you consistently move forward. You will find no "Call to arms" as some mythical 45lbs plate-eating beast. Rather you find tools to help keep you in the gym, week after week, making progress."
"There are many things you can find online - The information in this book is worth a lot. I highly recommend it. P.S the 10/20/L even has a Q&A if after all that reading you still need clarification."
"With all of the misinformation and bro-science on the internet, 10/20/Life is a refreshingly honest and straightforward approach for the pursuit of strength."
What is 10/20/Life? 10-and-20 weeks at a time for a lifetime of positive momentum in training and LIFE. This philosophy is a life-long approach for any level of lifter or athlete. Many recreational lifters utilize the protocols in this book to have a better plan in the gym, with no plans to ever compete. But, on the other hand, many competitive lifters -from Beginner to Pro use this approach with great success!
With 10/20/Life, my objective is to teach you to get the results you want by coaching yourself—the same way a superior coach would take you through an individualized program in a great gym. We start with a thorough examination of your weak points because that’s how quality coaching works. Then, the idea is to show you what to program and when, based on your weaknesses in the squat, bench press, and deadlift. I know, sounds simple, but it’s something most people don’t even consider, much less put into practice.
From there, the 10/20/Life system takes you through the best injury-preventative warm-up in the industry, followed by a comprehensive layout of coaching cues for each lift. From start to finish, you’ll learn what to look for and what to do, and you’ll understand the reasoning behind all of it. By the time you've finished working your way through these materials, you’ll be able to coach yourself, and others, like a pro.
With 10/20/Life, you’re going to train either three or four days per week. On the four-day plan, you’re focusing on one big lift—squat, bench press, or deadlift—per day, along with the fourth day of strict assistance work. On the three-day “combo” plan, you’ll combine days. Finally, on the NEW two-day “jumbo’ plan, you’ll train two or three days a week, with the focus being on day one (where you squat, bench press, and deadlift).
The plan is an easy five-step process:
1. Choose your schedule. (3 different to pick from)
2. Determine your weak points in the main lifts. (use the coaching guide to correct form)
3. Use the Weak Point and Assistance Exercise indexes to custom design your program. (then pick from the assistance work as specified in the Weak Point index)
4. Follow the warm-up protocol listed. (4 parts, super easy and custom)
5. Determine your level of readiness, then train according to the system’s RPE plan for that day, or if you’re in precontest, you go off of percentages. (this all depends on where you are in your phase of training)
Just a few of the sizable additions to this “second edition” physical copy (this book is now over 156 pages):
• New chapter “Deload.”
• New chapter “Establishing a baseline.”
• New chapter “Speed work.”
Other updated features include:
• A reintroduction to the 10/20/Life philosophy and update with AMAZING testimonials – male and female, raw and equipped.
• The five main principles of 10/20/Life
• How do you gain a mental edge? Tips for doing so
• What 10/20/Life is NOT – putting to rest speculation
• RPE – a different approach
• Nutrition – a closer look with detail
• Coaching cues updated and expanded
• Weak point index updated and expanded
• Combo day updated and modified
• Step-by-step set-up and the pro’s and con’s of a “wide base bench” vs. the “traditional tucked” approach
• New offseason training split “Jumbo Day” for those with little to no time to train or those who can’t recover between sessions with a typical break or even the “combo day.”
• All new pictures and charts throughout the entire book
• Percentages for pre-contest modified and addressed with suggestions
• Many new exercise and section “breakouts” for explanations of movement, an important note, or simply a summary of the section
• FAQ section with 15 of the most commonly asked questions. NOTE: all of these FAQ are also clarified, addressed, and explained in this version of the book even better now
• Cheatsheet of cues for the squat, bench, and dead to quickly refer to
• Charts for you to write in and program your own 10/20/Life training
• Training logs to note your progress with each training day of each cycle
The United States and Canada are included in shipping quotes: Don't hesitate to contact us for international orders: Brian@PowerRackStrength.com.
NOTE: This book is available wholesale for distributors (don't hesitate to contact us for more info). This book ships within 1-2 business days!